Mumbai, Oct 30 : Television actors walked the ramp with underprivileged children in India's entertainment capital, Mumbai, to raise funds for their upliftment.
The children, who have been forced to resort to beggary, were thrilled to be a part of the fashion show and interact with known faces of the television industry on late Monday evening.
Television actress, Sambhavna Seth, said that she was glad that she got an opportunity to walk the ramp and help in the cause.
"This is the first time that I am walking the ramp and I am very happy. No, in fact, I had walked the ramp earlier, when I had worn a saree and I almost tripped that time, so I did not try again. But, I got the opportunity to walk with small children today and I am very happy," she said.
The show was meaningful, as it spread awareness about the conditions of the underprivileged, who have to bear the brunt of poverty and live a life full of hardships.
According to media reports, India is estimated to have a third of the world''s poor.
As per information available in the United Nations Development Programme in 2010, about 32.7 percent of the people in India live below the poverty line. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach