Mumbai, Oct 30 : Television actors walked the ramp with underprivileged children in India's entertainment capital, Mumbai, to raise funds for their upliftment.
The children, who have been forced to resort to beggary, were thrilled to be a part of the fashion show and interact with known faces of the television industry on late Monday evening.
Television actress, Sambhavna Seth, said that she was glad that she got an opportunity to walk the ramp and help in the cause.
"This is the first time that I am walking the ramp and I am very happy. No, in fact, I had walked the ramp earlier, when I had worn a saree and I almost tripped that time, so I did not try again. But, I got the opportunity to walk with small children today and I am very happy," she said.
The show was meaningful, as it spread awareness about the conditions of the underprivileged, who have to bear the brunt of poverty and live a life full of hardships.
According to media reports, India is estimated to have a third of the world''s poor.
As per information available in the United Nations Development Programme in 2010, about 32.7 percent of the people in India live below the poverty line. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings