New York, May 9 : Tom Brady new hairstyle, which he debuted on the red carpet of the Met Costume Institute Gala in New York Monday night, has become the object of ridicule.
The New England Patriots quarterback sported a slicked-back hairdo that crescendoed into a peak on one side of his head, dubbed a "Pompa-Hawk" by TMZ and a "Fauxhawk" by critics on Twitter.
The 34-year-old NFL star attended the swanky soiree Monday night alongside his supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen, 31, who wore a black Givenchy gown.
"Tom Brady's new haircut. Oh dear god," the New York Post quoted one Twitter user as writing.
Brady has made headlines for his hair in the past, debuting a Justin Bieber-like mop hairstyle in October 2010.
He let his hair grow out for much of 2011 but returned to a more close-cropped look in September 2011.
"I don't take it too seriously," Brady told Women's Wear Daily last September when asked about the scrutiny over his hair.
"I just like to change it up," he said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach