Trends that topped the world in 2012
Melbourne, Nov 16 : Pop-culture fads that once lasted years are now coming in and out of fashion in a matter of months, and sometimes weeks.
It’s little surprise that the trending pop group of 2012 was not Spice Girls, but One Direction. And Book of the Year wasn’t Scandalands, it was 50 Shade of Bored Mothers.
Social analyst Mark McCrindle said that if the list is unremarkable, it just means people can relate well to pop culture.
“It sort of validates what people know. People probably wouldn’t have identified Korea as driving pop culture, or that it would be so influential,” he told News. com. au.
“Korea now seems to be setting the agenda, from Psy and pop music to frozen yoghurt and Samsung,” he said.
The list of trends that topped in 2012 are:
1. Pop group of the year: One Direction
2. Book of the year: 50 Shades of Grey
3. TV show of the year: The Voice
4. Subculture of the year: K-Pop
5. Technology trend of the year: From digital to real world
6. Social media site of the year: Instagram
7. Viral campaign of the year: Kony 2012
8. Meme of the year: Gangnam Style
9. Ingredient of the year: Quinoa
10. Shopping trend of the year: Online fashion
11. Fashion trend of the year: Colour Blocking
12. Word (or symbol) of the year: #. (ANI)
New Delhi [India], Feb. 23 : The one actress who...Read More
New Delhi (India), Feb. 22 : The Oscars are just a...Read More
Karachi (Pakistan), Feb. 22 : After making a name...Read More
New Delhi [India], Feb. 22 : Looks like Varun...Read More
New Delhi [India], Feb. 21 : The King of Bollywood...Read More
New Delhi [India], Feb. 21 : In a career spanning...Read More