New Delhi, April 7 : An unwell Kareena Kapoor overlooked her ill-health and accompanied actor beau Saif Ali Khan to the capital Wednesday for the Padma awards ceremony.
According to industry sources, the actress recently returned after shooting for Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Ra. One" in Goa, and did not want Saif to be alone in his moment of glory.
Saif's parents cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi and actress Sharmila Tagore were out of town and did not attend the ceremony.
The actor received the Padma Shri from President Pratibha Patil.
Saif wore a white sherwani while the actress wore an off-white coloured outfit designed by Manish Malhotra. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach