New Delhi, April 7 : An unwell Kareena Kapoor overlooked her ill-health and accompanied actor beau Saif Ali Khan to the capital Wednesday for the Padma awards ceremony.
According to industry sources, the actress recently returned after shooting for Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Ra. One" in Goa, and did not want Saif to be alone in his moment of glory.
Saif's parents cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi and actress Sharmila Tagore were out of town and did not attend the ceremony.
The actor received the Padma Shri from President Pratibha Patil.
Saif wore a white sherwani while the actress wore an off-white coloured outfit designed by Manish Malhotra. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals