New Delhi, April 7 : An unwell Kareena Kapoor overlooked her ill-health and accompanied actor beau Saif Ali Khan to the capital Wednesday for the Padma awards ceremony.
According to industry sources, the actress recently returned after shooting for Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Ra. One" in Goa, and did not want Saif to be alone in his moment of glory.
Saif's parents cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi and actress Sharmila Tagore were out of town and did not attend the ceremony.
The actor received the Padma Shri from President Pratibha Patil.
Saif wore a white sherwani while the actress wore an off-white coloured outfit designed by Manish Malhotra. (IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes