London, Dec 13 : "Slumdog Millionaire" star Freida Pinto was surprised when nobody recognised her in a Mumbai slum recently.
"People in the city recognise me as the girl from 'Slumdog Millionaire' and inevitably they stare. But when I visited the slums with an NGO, nobody recognised me at all. I didn't mind," femalefirst. co. uk quoted Pinto as saying.
The 26-year-old star shot to fame after the Oscar winning movie and since then has featured on cover pages of a lot of fashion magazines and has bagged a few Hollywood projects as well.(IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings