London, Dec 13 : "Slumdog Millionaire" star Freida Pinto was surprised when nobody recognised her in a Mumbai slum recently.
"People in the city recognise me as the girl from 'Slumdog Millionaire' and inevitably they stare. But when I visited the slums with an NGO, nobody recognised me at all. I didn't mind," femalefirst. co. uk quoted Pinto as saying.
The 26-year-old star shot to fame after the Oscar winning movie and since then has featured on cover pages of a lot of fashion magazines and has bagged a few Hollywood projects as well.(IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach