London, Dec 13 : "Slumdog Millionaire" star Freida Pinto was surprised when nobody recognised her in a Mumbai slum recently.
"People in the city recognise me as the girl from 'Slumdog Millionaire' and inevitably they stare. But when I visited the slums with an NGO, nobody recognised me at all. I didn't mind," femalefirst. co. uk quoted Pinto as saying.
The 26-year-old star shot to fame after the Oscar winning movie and since then has featured on cover pages of a lot of fashion magazines and has bagged a few Hollywood projects as well.(IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers