London, Dec 13 : "Slumdog Millionaire" star Freida Pinto was surprised when nobody recognised her in a Mumbai slum recently.
"People in the city recognise me as the girl from 'Slumdog Millionaire' and inevitably they stare. But when I visited the slums with an NGO, nobody recognised me at all. I didn't mind," femalefirst. co. uk quoted Pinto as saying.
The 26-year-old star shot to fame after the Oscar winning movie and since then has featured on cover pages of a lot of fashion magazines and has bagged a few Hollywood projects as well.(IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes