In a launch which will help Indian businesses to share data across a number of devices - including personal computers, tablets, and mobile handsets - using cloud computing technology, software giant Microsoft rolled out its Office 365 software for businesses in India.
As a result of the launch of Office 365 in India, companies can now make use of the software suite for Rs 330-1,200 per user per month. Under the Office 365 licensing, the suite can be installed on up to five devices for one single user.
At the event marking the launch of the Office 365 software for Indian businesses, Bhaskar Pramanik - Chairman of Microsoft India - said that, given the software's cloud-based solutions, it will now be possible for users to not only access their mails and files from different devices, but also to work on projects while on the go.
Noting that Office 365 will give users "freedom to do things, when, where and how they want," Pramanik said that the software will enable businesses as well as individuals to benefit fully from cloud computing, which is Internet-based and offers browser-based access to data and solutions from anywhere.
Highlighting the seamless capability of the Office 365 suite across a number of devices, Sukhvinder Ahuja - Microsoft India's Director of Office & Cloud - said: "This service is more social, like SharePoint integrates with Yammer and Lync to provide a social platform that brings people and teams together to collaborate and share organisational knowledge and information."
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin