Lilongwe (Malawi), May 31 : Malawi's opposition Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) candidate Peter Mutharika has emerged winner of the May 20 presidential race in the southern African country, the Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) said Friday.
Mutharika, the 74-year-old brother of the late former President Bingu wa Mutharika, was elected president of the country after garnering 36.4 percent of the votes cast, Xinhua quoted MEC as saying.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study