Chennai, Jan 2 : The Tamil Nadu government Saturday declared bonus ranging between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 for its employees and pensioners on the occasion of the Pongal festival.
Class C and D employees will get Rs. 3,000 as bonus this year, up by Rs. 1,000 over the previous year. Group A and B employees will get Rs. 1,000 as special bonus while pensioners will get Rs. 500.
This will involve a total outgo of Rs. 272 crore (Rs. 2.72 billion).
Employees of local bodies, teaching and non-teaching staff of government-aided educational institutions, University Grants Commission and All India Technical Education Committee will get Rs. 1,000 as bonus.
The government will also pay village assistants, special time pay scale workers, anganwadi and mini anganwadi, contract, temporary contract workers, daily wage earners and panchayat assistants Rs. 1,000 as bonus.
Pongal Festival, or the thanksgiving harvest festival, is the most auspicious festival of the southern state.(IANS)
- Sony's SmartEyeglass to be available for purchase by March
- Electric car sets new 204.9 miles-per-hour world land speed record
- Facebook dispenses apprehensions about its iOS8 app privacy setting changes in blog post
- Online attack on eBay puts buyers' credentials at risk: Report
- Microsoft develops keyboard designed for iOS, Android, Windows tabs
- Siemens Plans to Acquire Dresser-Rand for $6 billion Says Sources
- OSI Group to Cut 340 Jobs in China in Relation to Food Safety Scandal
- PARK(ing) Day Celebration Turns Parking Spots into Temporary Parks
- Oasis Beverages a Russian Company Buys Pabst
- About 6.4 trillion calories to be cut from food products