New Delhi, June 10 : President Pratiba Patil will present the prestigious Bal Shree Awards to fifty children at Rashtrapati Bhawan today.
These children in four different streams have been selected from all over the country. Three children among the awardees are from special category.
The Bal Shree Scheme seeks to identify creative children within the age group of nine to16 years in four identified areas of creativity. The four areas are creative performance, creative art, creative scientific innovations and creative writing.
Director, National Bal Bhavan, Amita Shaw said that the Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Arjun Singh has already assured to open 100 Bal Bhavans throughout the country.
In this context, Chief Secretaries of the States have been asked to open Bal Bhavans in their States where these do not exist. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study