New Delhi, June 10 : President Pratiba Patil will present the prestigious Bal Shree Awards to fifty children at Rashtrapati Bhawan today.
These children in four different streams have been selected from all over the country. Three children among the awardees are from special category.
The Bal Shree Scheme seeks to identify creative children within the age group of nine to16 years in four identified areas of creativity. The four areas are creative performance, creative art, creative scientific innovations and creative writing.
Director, National Bal Bhavan, Amita Shaw said that the Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Arjun Singh has already assured to open 100 Bal Bhavans throughout the country.
In this context, Chief Secretaries of the States have been asked to open Bal Bhavans in their States where these do not exist. (ANI)
- Microsoft to close MSN service in China by October 31
- 8 out of 10 consumers have privacy concerns over wearable devices
- Crashed Instagram leads users to lash out on Twitter
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant