Mumbai, Feb 7 : A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading flat in afternoon trade Thursday, as consumer durables, metal and capital goods stocks came under sustained selling by funds amid weak overseas cues.
The 30-scrip Sensex, which opened at 19,589.44 points, was ruling at 19,582.82 points, down 56.90 points or 0.29 percent around 1.15 p. m. from its previous close at 19,639.72 points.
The Sensex touched an intra-day high of 19,702.56 points and a low of 19,549.83 points. The midcap index was down 58.08 points, while the smallcap index edged lower by 75.31 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was trading higher by 24.30 points or 0.41 percent at 5,934.90 points.
Traders reported a weak trend as other Asian markets turned bearish ahead of a European Central Bank policy decision on the euro zone economy and FIIs started selling. There was heavy selling pressure in consumer durables, metal and capital goods stocks.
However, information technology (IT) and automobile stocks rallied.
Major indices like the consumer durables was down 180.32 points. Ans so were the metal index, down 127.84 points, and capital goods index, down 124.21 points.
The IT index was up 24.06 points while the automobile index moved up 19.77 points. (IANS)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island