A private sector hospital in India has offered free intestinal transplantation and subsequent treatment to the young medical student who was recently raped and injured in an incidence in Delhi.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital has informed Dr B D Nathani, Medical Superintendent of Safdurjung Hospital, where the victim is being treated, about the offer to provide her all the necessary medical treatment for free. Dr R S Rana, Chairman, Board of Management SGRH, said that the offer to helo has been communicated.
The doctors said that 23-year-old student is now in a stable condition but remained on ventilator support. She has already undergone a surgery to remove her gangrenous intestine
Dr Samiran Nundy Chairman, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology and Organ Transplantation said, "Intestinal failure occurs when most of the intestine has to be removed surgically as in this case. Intestinal transplant is the only chance of survival with a normal functioning intestine for the victim."
Dr Naimish Mehta Transplant Surgeon SGRH said that the intestinal graft can be obtained ether from a brain dead donor or from a living related donor. He said that the both these options could be available for the girl after her situation stabilizes.
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue