Jamshedpur, Oct 5 : Chandigarh's Amandeep Drall took the first round lead at the Usha Eastern India Ladies Golf Championships here Friday.
Amandeep, still looking for her maiden win this season, shot three-over 74 at the par-71 Golmuri Golf Club course.
She was one shot ahead of Raksha Phadke and Usha Northern India winner Millie Saroha, who shot 75 each.
Winner of Usha Southern India title this year Gurbani was lying fourth with a round of 76 while a tired Aditi Ashok carded 77 and was fifth. Gursimar Badwal carded 81 and was tied eighth.
Amandeep had just one birdie but she was steadier than the rest and dropped two bogeys each on front and back nines. Raksha and Millie had two birdies each, while Aditi had just one birdie on the 18th.
In Category A, Raksha Phadke and Millie shared the lead at 75 each, while Aditi Ashok (77) was the topper in Category B and she was followed by Ridhima Dilawari (79).
In Category C, Riya Ahuja (83) led the field while Arshia Mahant (89) was second. In Category D, Tanishka Kumar (84) led second-placed Vasundhara Tihara (89) by five shots. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'