Jamshedpur, Oct 5 : Chandigarh's Amandeep Drall took the first round lead at the Usha Eastern India Ladies Golf Championships here Friday.
Amandeep, still looking for her maiden win this season, shot three-over 74 at the par-71 Golmuri Golf Club course.
She was one shot ahead of Raksha Phadke and Usha Northern India winner Millie Saroha, who shot 75 each.
Winner of Usha Southern India title this year Gurbani was lying fourth with a round of 76 while a tired Aditi Ashok carded 77 and was fifth. Gursimar Badwal carded 81 and was tied eighth.
Amandeep had just one birdie but she was steadier than the rest and dropped two bogeys each on front and back nines. Raksha and Millie had two birdies each, while Aditi had just one birdie on the 18th.
In Category A, Raksha Phadke and Millie shared the lead at 75 each, while Aditi Ashok (77) was the topper in Category B and she was followed by Ridhima Dilawari (79).
In Category C, Riya Ahuja (83) led the field while Arshia Mahant (89) was second. In Category D, Tanishka Kumar (84) led second-placed Vasundhara Tihara (89) by five shots. (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan