Jamshedpur, Oct 5 : Chandigarh's Amandeep Drall took the first round lead at the Usha Eastern India Ladies Golf Championships here Friday.
Amandeep, still looking for her maiden win this season, shot three-over 74 at the par-71 Golmuri Golf Club course.
She was one shot ahead of Raksha Phadke and Usha Northern India winner Millie Saroha, who shot 75 each.
Winner of Usha Southern India title this year Gurbani was lying fourth with a round of 76 while a tired Aditi Ashok carded 77 and was fifth. Gursimar Badwal carded 81 and was tied eighth.
Amandeep had just one birdie but she was steadier than the rest and dropped two bogeys each on front and back nines. Raksha and Millie had two birdies each, while Aditi had just one birdie on the 18th.
In Category A, Raksha Phadke and Millie shared the lead at 75 each, while Aditi Ashok (77) was the topper in Category B and she was followed by Ridhima Dilawari (79).
In Category C, Riya Ahuja (83) led the field while Arshia Mahant (89) was second. In Category D, Tanishka Kumar (84) led second-placed Vasundhara Tihara (89) by five shots. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today