Rio de Janeiro, Oct 2 : Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has called up uncapped striker Ignacio Scocco for Wednesday's international football friendly against Brazil.
Scocco, 27, has scored six goals in nine matches this season for Argentina's Apertura championship leaders Newell's Old Boys, reports Xinhua.
He will contest a starting berth with fellow strikers Hernan Barcos and Juan Martinez, who play at club level for Brazil's Palmeiras and Corinthians respectively.
Recalled Brazil striker Luis Fabiano will miss the duel after failing to recover in time from a thigh injury.
The match, to be played in the northern Argentine city of Resistencia, is the second leg of the so-called Super Classic of the Americas.
Brazil won last month's first leg in Goiania 2-1 after Neymar converted a last-minute penalty. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'