Rio de Janeiro, Oct 2 : Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has called up uncapped striker Ignacio Scocco for Wednesday's international football friendly against Brazil.
Scocco, 27, has scored six goals in nine matches this season for Argentina's Apertura championship leaders Newell's Old Boys, reports Xinhua.
He will contest a starting berth with fellow strikers Hernan Barcos and Juan Martinez, who play at club level for Brazil's Palmeiras and Corinthians respectively.
Recalled Brazil striker Luis Fabiano will miss the duel after failing to recover in time from a thigh injury.
The match, to be played in the northern Argentine city of Resistencia, is the second leg of the so-called Super Classic of the Americas.
Brazil won last month's first leg in Goiania 2-1 after Neymar converted a last-minute penalty. (IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone