Rio de Janeiro, Oct 2 : Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has called up uncapped striker Ignacio Scocco for Wednesday's international football friendly against Brazil.
Scocco, 27, has scored six goals in nine matches this season for Argentina's Apertura championship leaders Newell's Old Boys, reports Xinhua.
He will contest a starting berth with fellow strikers Hernan Barcos and Juan Martinez, who play at club level for Brazil's Palmeiras and Corinthians respectively.
Recalled Brazil striker Luis Fabiano will miss the duel after failing to recover in time from a thigh injury.
The match, to be played in the northern Argentine city of Resistencia, is the second leg of the so-called Super Classic of the Americas.
Brazil won last month's first leg in Goiania 2-1 after Neymar converted a last-minute penalty. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai