Rio de Janeiro, Oct 2 : Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has called up uncapped striker Ignacio Scocco for Wednesday's international football friendly against Brazil.
Scocco, 27, has scored six goals in nine matches this season for Argentina's Apertura championship leaders Newell's Old Boys, reports Xinhua.
He will contest a starting berth with fellow strikers Hernan Barcos and Juan Martinez, who play at club level for Brazil's Palmeiras and Corinthians respectively.
Recalled Brazil striker Luis Fabiano will miss the duel after failing to recover in time from a thigh injury.
The match, to be played in the northern Argentine city of Resistencia, is the second leg of the so-called Super Classic of the Americas.
Brazil won last month's first leg in Goiania 2-1 after Neymar converted a last-minute penalty. (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan