Rio de Janeiro, Oct 2 : Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has called up uncapped striker Ignacio Scocco for Wednesday's international football friendly against Brazil.
Scocco, 27, has scored six goals in nine matches this season for Argentina's Apertura championship leaders Newell's Old Boys, reports Xinhua.
He will contest a starting berth with fellow strikers Hernan Barcos and Juan Martinez, who play at club level for Brazil's Palmeiras and Corinthians respectively.
Recalled Brazil striker Luis Fabiano will miss the duel after failing to recover in time from a thigh injury.
The match, to be played in the northern Argentine city of Resistencia, is the second leg of the so-called Super Classic of the Americas.
Brazil won last month's first leg in Goiania 2-1 after Neymar converted a last-minute penalty. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today