Ashwin granted top grade BCCI contract, Harbhajan demoted
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Fri, 10/26/2012 - 10:36
Mumbai, Oct 26 - Leg-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin was granted the top grade contract while out of favour Harbhajan Singh was demoted to the second bracket in the new contract list announced by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) here Friday.
The BCCI granted central contracts to 37. Nine are in Grade A (Rs. 1 crore/$186,000), eight in Grade B (Rs 50 lakh/$93,000) and 20 in Grade C (Rs 25 lakh/$46,500).
Fast bowlers S. Sreesanth and Jaydev Unadkat have been dropped from the list of central contracts while L. Balaji, Ashok Dinda, Irfan Pathan and Yusuf Pathan have been granted retainer contracts of Rs. 25 lakh after missing out last year.
Grade A: Sachin Tendulkar, M. S. Dhoni, Zaheer Khan, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli, R Ashwin.
Grade B: Harbhajan Singh, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Irfan Pathan, Umesh Yadav.
Grade C: Ravindra Jadeja, Amit Mishra, Vinay Kumar, Munaf Patel, Abhimanyu Mithun, M. Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Wriddhiman Saha, Parthiv Patel, Manoj Tiwary, S Badrinath, Piyush Chawla, Dinesh Karthik, Rahul Sharma, Varun Aaron, Abhinav Mukund, Ashok Dinda, Yusuf Pathan, Praveen Kumar, L. Balaji.(IANS)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!