Islamabad, Apr. 21 : The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has denied giving a nod to controversial fast bowler Mohammed Asif to play for English county team Nottinghamshire this summer.
Asif was due to sign for Nottinghamshire after the ICC T20 World Championship, but the PCB has denied giving permission to the lanky fast bowler over injury fears.
The PCB’s denial has disappointed Asif, as he was looking forward to gaining some vital experience before Pakistan’s long tour to England by playing the English county season.
“I was looking forward to gaining some further experience in England ahead of the summer. I am disappointed at not getting this opportunity for the county,” PakPassion. net quoted Asif, as saying.
He, however, said that the PCB is concerned about the fitness of players and wants to play a full strength squad in Test matches against England and Australia later this summer.
“In particular, after the recent injuries to Arafat and Gul, Pakistan are very keen to have a fully fit bowling attack for the tour of England later this year, and I can understand why this decision was made,” Asif said. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone