Islamabad, Apr. 21 : The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has denied giving a nod to controversial fast bowler Mohammed Asif to play for English county team Nottinghamshire this summer.
Asif was due to sign for Nottinghamshire after the ICC T20 World Championship, but the PCB has denied giving permission to the lanky fast bowler over injury fears.
The PCB’s denial has disappointed Asif, as he was looking forward to gaining some vital experience before Pakistan’s long tour to England by playing the English county season.
“I was looking forward to gaining some further experience in England ahead of the summer. I am disappointed at not getting this opportunity for the county,” PakPassion. net quoted Asif, as saying.
He, however, said that the PCB is concerned about the fitness of players and wants to play a full strength squad in Test matches against England and Australia later this summer.
“In particular, after the recent injuries to Arafat and Gul, Pakistan are very keen to have a fully fit bowling attack for the tour of England later this year, and I can understand why this decision was made,” Asif said. (ANI)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!