Islamabad, Apr. 21 : The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has denied giving a nod to controversial fast bowler Mohammed Asif to play for English county team Nottinghamshire this summer.
Asif was due to sign for Nottinghamshire after the ICC T20 World Championship, but the PCB has denied giving permission to the lanky fast bowler over injury fears.
The PCB’s denial has disappointed Asif, as he was looking forward to gaining some vital experience before Pakistan’s long tour to England by playing the English county season.
“I was looking forward to gaining some further experience in England ahead of the summer. I am disappointed at not getting this opportunity for the county,” PakPassion. net quoted Asif, as saying.
He, however, said that the PCB is concerned about the fitness of players and wants to play a full strength squad in Test matches against England and Australia later this summer.
“In particular, after the recent injuries to Arafat and Gul, Pakistan are very keen to have a fully fit bowling attack for the tour of England later this year, and I can understand why this decision was made,” Asif said. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan