Islamabad, Apr. 21 : The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has denied giving a nod to controversial fast bowler Mohammed Asif to play for English county team Nottinghamshire this summer.
Asif was due to sign for Nottinghamshire after the ICC T20 World Championship, but the PCB has denied giving permission to the lanky fast bowler over injury fears.
The PCB’s denial has disappointed Asif, as he was looking forward to gaining some vital experience before Pakistan’s long tour to England by playing the English county season.
“I was looking forward to gaining some further experience in England ahead of the summer. I am disappointed at not getting this opportunity for the county,” PakPassion. net quoted Asif, as saying.
He, however, said that the PCB is concerned about the fitness of players and wants to play a full strength squad in Test matches against England and Australia later this summer.
“In particular, after the recent injuries to Arafat and Gul, Pakistan are very keen to have a fully fit bowling attack for the tour of England later this year, and I can understand why this decision was made,” Asif said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today