Brisbane, Nov 8 : Fast bowler Peter Siddle believes his fellow Australian pacers can contend with anyone in the world and even with their vaunted South African rivals this summer.
South Africa’s pace trio of Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel is widely regarded as one of the best fast-bowling line-ups in world cricket for many years.
But Siddle is confident Australia has more firepower in to undo the Proteas'' batsmen.
He said the situation facing Australia’s quicks is no different to last summer when they embarrassed an ageing but statistically world-class Indian batting line-up.
“India coming out here, at the time, although they''d aged a little bit their batting line-up was just as strong as South Africa''s and we stuck it to them. It was just about the belief in the bowling unit that we have ... we can definitely contend with anyone in the world,” Siddle said.
“They''ve (South Africa) got the record under their belt. They''ve played for a little bit longer and might be a bit more experienced than our line-up at the moment ... but I think we can put it up to them this summer, we can match them, definitely. By the end of it we can be reaching some of the heights where they''re at right now,” he said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today