Brisbane, Nov 8 : Fast bowler Peter Siddle believes his fellow Australian pacers can contend with anyone in the world and even with their vaunted South African rivals this summer.
South Africa’s pace trio of Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel is widely regarded as one of the best fast-bowling line-ups in world cricket for many years.
But Siddle is confident Australia has more firepower in to undo the Proteas'' batsmen.
He said the situation facing Australia’s quicks is no different to last summer when they embarrassed an ageing but statistically world-class Indian batting line-up.
“India coming out here, at the time, although they''d aged a little bit their batting line-up was just as strong as South Africa''s and we stuck it to them. It was just about the belief in the bowling unit that we have ... we can definitely contend with anyone in the world,” Siddle said.
“They''ve (South Africa) got the record under their belt. They''ve played for a little bit longer and might be a bit more experienced than our line-up at the moment ... but I think we can put it up to them this summer, we can match them, definitely. By the end of it we can be reaching some of the heights where they''re at right now,” he said. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'