Bangladesh close in on Windies
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 08:32
Dubai, Dec 10 : Bangladesh's series win over the West Indies has put them within ten ratings points of the Caribbean side in the International Cricket Council's One-day table.
The Tigers beat the West Indies by two wickets in the final ODI at the Shere Bangla National Stadium Saturday, to eke out a 3-2 verdict in the five-match series.
With the series win, the Tigers moved ahead of New Zealand into eighth spot on 78 points, with the West Indies still seventh on 88 points.
Had Bangladesh won the series 5-0 - they led the series 2-0 at one stage - they would have overtaken the West Indies in seventh.
The Caribbean side will have the opportunity to increase their lead over Bangladesh, (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'