Bangladesh close in on Windies
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 08:32
Dubai, Dec 10 : Bangladesh's series win over the West Indies has put them within ten ratings points of the Caribbean side in the International Cricket Council's One-day table.
The Tigers beat the West Indies by two wickets in the final ODI at the Shere Bangla National Stadium Saturday, to eke out a 3-2 verdict in the five-match series.
With the series win, the Tigers moved ahead of New Zealand into eighth spot on 78 points, with the West Indies still seventh on 88 points.
Had Bangladesh won the series 5-0 - they led the series 2-0 at one stage - they would have overtaken the West Indies in seventh.
The Caribbean side will have the opportunity to increase their lead over Bangladesh, (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai