Bangladesh close in on Windies
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 08:32
Dubai, Dec 10 : Bangladesh's series win over the West Indies has put them within ten ratings points of the Caribbean side in the International Cricket Council's One-day table.
The Tigers beat the West Indies by two wickets in the final ODI at the Shere Bangla National Stadium Saturday, to eke out a 3-2 verdict in the five-match series.
With the series win, the Tigers moved ahead of New Zealand into eighth spot on 78 points, with the West Indies still seventh on 88 points.
Had Bangladesh won the series 5-0 - they led the series 2-0 at one stage - they would have overtaken the West Indies in seventh.
The Caribbean side will have the opportunity to increase their lead over Bangladesh, (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today