London, Nov 26 : AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has admitted he wants former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola at San Siro, but admitted English champions Manchester City is favourites to land the gaffer.
The former Italian prime minister said he has even told his current coach Massimo Allegri that he wants the ex-Barcelona boss at the club.
But Berlusconi admitted his club is facing strong competition from the Premier League to secure the hottest manager in world football.
"Who would not want someone like Guardiola?" the Daily Mirror quoted Berlusconi, as saying.
"We have spoken about it with Allegri. But there are English clubs who are after him. In particular City, who have directors who know him for a long time from Barcelona. We will be in there but it is going to be difficult," he added.
City appointed former Barcelona sporting director Txiki Begirstain as their new director of football operations last month to work with chief executive Ferran Soriano. (ANI)
- Benitez confident for Chelsea future despite facing fans' hostility
- KP backs ‘super player’ Cook to become England’s most prolific Test centurion
- England thrashes India in Mumbai Test by 10 wickets to level series 1-1
- James Anderson dumped as traditional ‘nightwatchman’ over acute weakness against spin
- Boxing legend Hector Camacho passes away after being taken off life support