London, Nov 26 : AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has admitted he wants former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola at San Siro, but admitted English champions Manchester City is favourites to land the gaffer.
The former Italian prime minister said he has even told his current coach Massimo Allegri that he wants the ex-Barcelona boss at the club.
But Berlusconi admitted his club is facing strong competition from the Premier League to secure the hottest manager in world football.
"Who would not want someone like Guardiola?" the Daily Mirror quoted Berlusconi, as saying.
"We have spoken about it with Allegri. But there are English clubs who are after him. In particular City, who have directors who know him for a long time from Barcelona. We will be in there but it is going to be difficult," he added.
City appointed former Barcelona sporting director Txiki Begirstain as their new director of football operations last month to work with chief executive Ferran Soriano. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today