London, Sep 16 (ANI): The father of former boxing champion Ricky Hatton was reportedly arrested for allegedly attacking his son the day before he announced his comeback, British police officials have confirmed.
It has been learnt that Hatton, 33, had to protect himself after his dad Ray, 61, attacked him during a heated row in the car park outside his Manchester gym.
“Shortly before 11.45 a. m. on Thursday, police received reports that there had been a fight involving two men outside a health and fitness club on Market Street, Hyde,” Sky News quoted a Greater Manchester Police official, as saying.
“A 33-year-old man was assaulted by a 61-year-old man, who was arrested on suspicion of common assault and subsequently given a police caution,” he added.
Hatton, nicknamed The Hitman, has claimed that he would strive to earn the nation''s pride, returning from retirement, and may be seen in a possible bout with British boxer Amir Khan, who is also a close pal.
The Hyde fighter has suffered a series of well-publicised issues in his private life since his last fight saw him knocked out by Manny Pacquiao in their IBO light-welterweight title fight in Las Vegas, the report said.
Hatton''s agent declined to comment on the issue. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today