London, Sep 16 (ANI): The father of former boxing champion Ricky Hatton was reportedly arrested for allegedly attacking his son the day before he announced his comeback, British police officials have confirmed.
It has been learnt that Hatton, 33, had to protect himself after his dad Ray, 61, attacked him during a heated row in the car park outside his Manchester gym.
“Shortly before 11.45 a. m. on Thursday, police received reports that there had been a fight involving two men outside a health and fitness club on Market Street, Hyde,” Sky News quoted a Greater Manchester Police official, as saying.
“A 33-year-old man was assaulted by a 61-year-old man, who was arrested on suspicion of common assault and subsequently given a police caution,” he added.
Hatton, nicknamed The Hitman, has claimed that he would strive to earn the nation''s pride, returning from retirement, and may be seen in a possible bout with British boxer Amir Khan, who is also a close pal.
The Hyde fighter has suffered a series of well-publicised issues in his private life since his last fight saw him knocked out by Manny Pacquiao in their IBO light-welterweight title fight in Las Vegas, the report said.
Hatton''s agent declined to comment on the issue. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'