Buenos Aires, Nov 22 - Brazil defeated Argentina 4-3 on penalties to secure its second Superclassic of the Americas title in as many years.
Winger Ignacio Scocco gave Argentina the lead in the 82nd minute at the Bombonera Stadium before Fred equalised two minutes later Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
But Scocco struck a dramatic injury-time winner to level the series 3-3 and force the match into penalties.
Brazil star Neymar slotted the winning spot-kick from his team's fifth attempt, just a week after his missed penalty in a friendly against Colombia.
"It's a good feeling and a relief," Neymar said after the match.
"I tried to take what happened against Colombia out of my mind and thankfully I was able to make up for it tonight."
Brazil central striker Fred also showed his delight after a successful return to the national team.
"It has been a special year. I've been fortunate to win the Brazilian championship (with Fluminense), the Rio state championship and now this," Fred said.
"I am happy that I was able to contribute with a goal, particularly against Argentina who are always such tough opponents." (IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone