Buenos Aires, Nov 22 - Brazil defeated Argentina 4-3 on penalties to secure its second Superclassic of the Americas title in as many years.
Winger Ignacio Scocco gave Argentina the lead in the 82nd minute at the Bombonera Stadium before Fred equalised two minutes later Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
But Scocco struck a dramatic injury-time winner to level the series 3-3 and force the match into penalties.
Brazil star Neymar slotted the winning spot-kick from his team's fifth attempt, just a week after his missed penalty in a friendly against Colombia.
"It's a good feeling and a relief," Neymar said after the match.
"I tried to take what happened against Colombia out of my mind and thankfully I was able to make up for it tonight."
Brazil central striker Fred also showed his delight after a successful return to the national team.
"It has been a special year. I've been fortunate to win the Brazilian championship (with Fluminense), the Rio state championship and now this," Fred said.
"I am happy that I was able to contribute with a goal, particularly against Argentina who are always such tough opponents." (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today