Rio de Janeiro, Oct 15 :Brazil's six-time beach volleyball world tour winners Larissa Franca and Juliana Felisberta have announced their decision to split.
The 2011 world champions and London Games bronze medallists will compete together for the last time at the year's final world tour event in Bangasaen, Thailand, later this month, reports Xinhua.
"It wasn't something that was decided upon suddenly," said the 30-year-old Franca, who admitted the decision to end the partnership had been hers.
"It was a difficult decision to make, but it was planned. We knew at the beginning of the year. My team reacted as I expected. They understood and wished me luck."
"I have always dedicated myself completely to volleyball and I never stopped to think about my personal life. Now the time has come. I want to dedicate more time to my business ventures and my dream of being a mother. I want three or four kids running around the house," Franca said.
Felisberta, 29, admitted her disappointment at ending the eight-year partnership but confirmed she planned to continue her career with somebody else.
"It's going to be difficult because we have been together for so long," Felisberta said. "But human beings adapt to everything and as long as my body can handle it, I will continue." (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan