Rio de Janeiro, Oct 15 :Brazil's six-time beach volleyball world tour winners Larissa Franca and Juliana Felisberta have announced their decision to split.
The 2011 world champions and London Games bronze medallists will compete together for the last time at the year's final world tour event in Bangasaen, Thailand, later this month, reports Xinhua.
"It wasn't something that was decided upon suddenly," said the 30-year-old Franca, who admitted the decision to end the partnership had been hers.
"It was a difficult decision to make, but it was planned. We knew at the beginning of the year. My team reacted as I expected. They understood and wished me luck."
"I have always dedicated myself completely to volleyball and I never stopped to think about my personal life. Now the time has come. I want to dedicate more time to my business ventures and my dream of being a mother. I want three or four kids running around the house," Franca said.
Felisberta, 29, admitted her disappointment at ending the eight-year partnership but confirmed she planned to continue her career with somebody else.
"It's going to be difficult because we have been together for so long," Felisberta said. "But human beings adapt to everything and as long as my body can handle it, I will continue." (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'