Berlin, Dec 3 : Marko Arnautovic's three strikes for Bremen were enough to inflict Hoffenheim the fourth consecutive loss while Wolfsburg and Hamburg shared points to close the 15th round of Bundesliga.
Hoffenheim were unable to break the negative approach as they got trashed 1-4 at Bremen Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Both sides needed a little bit of time to get into gear owing to freezing temperatures.
Nonetheless, Bremen were able open the scoring in the 21st minute as Sebastian Proedl met Kevin de Bruyne's free-kick cross to head over Hoffenheim goalkeeper Koen Casteels.
Bremen went one better eight minutes later when they capitalised on a turnover by Daniel Williams to double the lead through Marko Arnautovic following a one-two with De Bruyne inside the box.
Five minutes into the second-half Hoffenheim reduced Bremen's lead to 2-1 as Sejad Salihovic overcame Bremen's goalkeeper Sebastian Mielitz from very close range.
It was a wakening call for Hoffenheim but all their efforts remained unrewarded as Marko Arnautovic wrapped up his hat-rick with a 20 metre free-kick goal in the 73rd minute and a solo run and goal into the top left corner in the 79th minute.
Thus, Werder Bremen climbed to eighth place while Hoffenheim sits at 16th, a relegation spot.
"This defeat is very bitter. We played a very weak first half. After Bremen's third goal our team gave away," Hoffenheim coach Markus Babbel said.
Elsewhere, Wolfsburg recovered from the opener by Hamburg's Maximilian Beister in the 29th minute as Simon Kjaer levelled the scores in the 69th minute. The draw keeps Hamburg in ninth while Wolfsburg stay on 15th.(IANS
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today