Sydney, Nov. 4 : Australian cricket legend Brett Lee has offered help to Pat Cummins to ''''clean up'''' his action in a bid to prevent the injuries that have been frustrating his burgeoning career for a long time now.
Cummins, who last played in his Test debut against South Africa last November, will miss his second consecutive summer of cricket after scans revealed that he had suffered a bone stress fracture in his lower back during the Sydney Sixers'' recent T20 Champions League triumph.
Lee, who has endured similar injury battles when he was of Cummins''s age, said he would love to share the insights of the great Dennis Lillee, whose own career was affected by stress fractures and offered him help years ago when he had observed Lee in the nets.
''''I''m not saying in any way, shape or form that Pat needs to change his action. But there are some things I reckon I could help him with [such as how] to clean his action up to make it a little bit easier on his back," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Lee, as saying.
"The one thing you don''t want as a fast bowler is hyper-extension and counter-rotation [like] he has [and] as I did when I was at the same age . I had that same set-up where there was a lot of twisting and turning in my action, which is where you get your pace from, but it does come at a cost," he added.
Lee said the injury was a `real blow' for Cummins, and is looking forward for the teenager to come back to cricket soon.
''''This is a real blow. He''s a great fellow and I just want to see him out on the field and playing," Lee said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today