London, Aug. 28 : Jenson Button launched into a furious f-word rant over his title bid last night.
The Formula One championship pacesetter was fuming after his desire to win the title was questioned, reports The Sun.
Asked to react to claims his recent form suggested he did not want to win the drivers'' crown, Button lost his rag.
The Brawn GP star, who has seen his lead cut to 18 points after four races without a victory, blasted:
"I don''t think people are saying that seriously. Who would possibly say that? Does Jenson want to win the title or not? It is a pretty silly question isn''t it?
"Why the f*** am I here? That is not a question is it? Does he want to win the title? No, I want to finish second or third. What I would like to do now is stand up and walk away, have a good weekend and then we will talk about it afterwards. When you have one bad race there are always silly questions."
Earlier Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel had pumped up the pressure on Button by telling him: You have gone off the boil!
The German ace, 22 reckons Button''s losing streak proves he is feeling the heat of the title battle.
He declared: "I am not giving up on the title.
Button has managed just 11 points in the last four grands prix, after winning six of the previous seven. (ANI)
- England pacer Onions hopeful about playing part in Ashes Down Under
- Alonso urges Ferrari to take on Red Bull challenge
- Ex-racer Watson slams Schumacher for ‘ugly animal instinct’ act against Barrichello
- ‘ProBatter’, the bowling robot that replicates deliveries of any bowler in the world
- Pakistan completely out bowled Australia in Headingley Test: Lawson