Madrid, Nov 30 - Celta, Real Zaragoza and Mallorca have advanced into the round of 16 in Spain's Copa del Rey.
Celta Vigo defeated Almeria 3-0 to overcome a 0-2 defeat in the home leg against the second division side who played well in the first half Thursday, reports Xinhua.
After the break, however, South Korean striker Park put Celta ahead and Roberto Lago's goal in the 92nd minute took the game into extra time, where it was decided by a goal by Quique de Lucas. Celta will play Real Madrid in the next round.
Zaragoza sneaked into the last 16 on away goals despite a 1-2 defeat in Granada. Ighalo and Diego Mainz scored for the home side, but Jose Mari's 55th minute goal ensured Zaragoza progressed.
The day's final match saw Mallorca and Deportivo la Coruna draw 0-0. Mallorca qualified thanks to the away goals rule after the 1-1 draw in La Coruna in the first leg.
Meanwhile all of the favourites such as FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia and Atletico Madrid all assured their progress to the last 16 Tuesday and Wednesday. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today