London, Nov. 18 : English football club Chelsea, who are eyeing Luis Suarez, believe that they can land the Anfield star by installing Pep Guardiola as boss, according to a report.
Roman Abramovich wants former Barca chief Guardiola as his next manager and dreams of linking Suarez with Atletico Madrid's Radamel Falcao, that is believed to be heading Chelsea's way in January.
But in the background is Jose Mourinho, who would love to manage Chelsea again and whose daughter Tita has enrolled in a London college, the Daily Mirorr reports.
According to the report, while Mourinho is still on good terms with Abramovich and is keen to return to the Premier League, sensing his time at Real Madrid is up, Chelsea fans may think Guardiola is the better option if he can guarantee Suarez's signature.
Manchester City are also in the Suarez hunt but Chelsea will match their salary offer a possible 50 million pounds once they sell Fernando Torres, the report said.
Guardiola is on a year-long sabbatical but currently there are eight clubs that are interested in him, City included, and he will discuss his next move with advisers at Christmas, the report added. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone