Chelsea sign teenage Brazilian defender
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Wed, 11/07/2012 - 07:28
London, Nov 7 - Chelsea have completed the signing of teenage Brazilian right-back Wallace from Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense.
The Premier League outfit already held a 40 percent stake in the 18-year-old's economic rights as part of the deal that led to former Portugal midfielder Deco's move from Stamford Bridge to Fluminense in 2010, reports Xinhua.
The remaining 60 percent of Wallace's economic rights were secured by Chelsea during a meeting Tuesday for eight million euros.
Fluminense officials and the player' s agent, Fred Moraes, declined to comment on the deal.
Wallace will join compatriots Oscar, David Luiz, Ramires and Lucas Piazon at the London club. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today