Chelsea sign teenage Brazilian defender
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Wed, 11/07/2012 - 07:28
London, Nov 7 - Chelsea have completed the signing of teenage Brazilian right-back Wallace from Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense.
The Premier League outfit already held a 40 percent stake in the 18-year-old's economic rights as part of the deal that led to former Portugal midfielder Deco's move from Stamford Bridge to Fluminense in 2010, reports Xinhua.
The remaining 60 percent of Wallace's economic rights were secured by Chelsea during a meeting Tuesday for eight million euros.
Fluminense officials and the player' s agent, Fred Moraes, declined to comment on the deal.
Wallace will join compatriots Oscar, David Luiz, Ramires and Lucas Piazon at the London club. (IANS)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'