Chelsea sign teenage Brazilian defender
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Wed, 11/07/2012 - 07:28
London, Nov 7 - Chelsea have completed the signing of teenage Brazilian right-back Wallace from Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense.
The Premier League outfit already held a 40 percent stake in the 18-year-old's economic rights as part of the deal that led to former Portugal midfielder Deco's move from Stamford Bridge to Fluminense in 2010, reports Xinhua.
The remaining 60 percent of Wallace's economic rights were secured by Chelsea during a meeting Tuesday for eight million euros.
Fluminense officials and the player' s agent, Fred Moraes, declined to comment on the deal.
Wallace will join compatriots Oscar, David Luiz, Ramires and Lucas Piazon at the London club. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai