China wins Synchronised Swimming World Trophy
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Mon, 12/03/2012 - 08:35
Mexico City, Dec 3 : China won the FINA Synchronised Swimming World Trophy championship after sweeping all four gold medals at the event here.
The Synchronised Swimming World Trophy is different from the ordinary athletic competition and pays more attention to the ornamental and artistic, reports Xinhua.
To stimulate creativity and expressivity, FINA allows swimmers to use costumes, props and makeup. Trying their best in the last three days, swimmers from 10 countries not only demonstrated the cultural characteristics of the participating countries but also interpreted the culture and custom of Mexico.
The World Trophy includes Highlight, Duet, Solo, Teams and Combination, of which Solo is only for artistic show, not scoring in the final results, and 100 points each for the other four categories. After three days of the competition the Chinese team with four gold medals and a total score of 384.625 points won the World Trophy championship Sunday.
The Japanese team ranked second with 379.450 points and Ukraine came third with 378.775 points.
Hosts Mexico finished fifth with 371.588 points.(IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'