Hangzhou , Dec 10 : Top seed Xu Xin won the men's singles title at the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour Grand Finals here, beating Chinese teammate Wang Hao.
Xu, 22, won the Sunday's final in four straight games (11-8, 11-7, 11-6, 11-7) and thus reversed the decision of one year ago when he had suffered defeat at the hands of Wang Hao at the quarter-final stage in London, Xinhua reports.
It is Xu's first major title of his career. He collected $104,000 for this milestone victory, and Wang Hao earned $52,000.
In the women's doubles final, Singapore's Feng Tianwei and Yu Mengyu, who qualified for the year-ending tournament only after Romanian pair Daniela Dodean and Elizabeta Samara pulled out, defeated second-seeded Cheng I-Ching and Huang Yi-Hua of Chinese Taipei 11-13, 11-13, 11-8, 11-4, 11-3, 5-11, 11-2. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today