Rio de Janeiro, Dec 3 - Former Real Madrid and Roma defender Cicinho
has said he will stay at Brazil's Sport next season despite the club's
relegation to the country's second division.
Sport sealed its fate with a 0-1 loss Sunday to local rivals Nautico, a
result that left the Recife-based club 17th in the top-flight standings
with just 41 points from 38 matches, reports Xinhua.
Cicinho was one of his team's most consistent performers in 2012 after joining the side from Roma in June.
"I am staying here for sure. It's not a great situation but we have to
accept that we worked as hard as we could and sometimes even that isn't
good enough," said the 32-year-old.
Sport's relegation to Brazil's second tier comes after its first season in Brazil's top-flight since 2009.
Cicinho played the last of his 15 matches for Brazil in 2006 and was
part of the national team's World Cup squad in Germany the same year.
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone