Ahmedabad, Nov 17 : Captain Alistair Cook led the English fightback after they were made to follow on on day three of the first Test at the Sardar Patel Stadium at Motera here Saturday.
Cook (batting 74) and Nick Compton (batting 34) put on a 111-run stand for the first wicket as England ended the day 111 for none, still trailing the hosts by 219 runs.
England came out to bat for the second time in the day after being dismissed for 191 at the stroke of tea. Pragyan Ojha took five wickets and was well supported by spin partner Ravichandran Ashwin, who took three wickets. (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan