Ahmedabad, Nov 17 : Captain Alistair Cook led the English fightback after they were made to follow on on day three of the first Test at the Sardar Patel Stadium at Motera here Saturday.
Cook (batting 74) and Nick Compton (batting 34) put on a 111-run stand for the first wicket as England ended the day 111 for none, still trailing the hosts by 219 runs.
England came out to bat for the second time in the day after being dismissed for 191 at the stroke of tea. Pragyan Ojha took five wickets and was well supported by spin partner Ravichandran Ashwin, who took three wickets. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'