Ahmedabad, Nov 17 : Captain Alistair Cook led the English fightback after they were made to follow on on day three of the first Test at the Sardar Patel Stadium at Motera here Saturday.
Cook (batting 74) and Nick Compton (batting 34) put on a 111-run stand for the first wicket as England ended the day 111 for none, still trailing the hosts by 219 runs.
England came out to bat for the second time in the day after being dismissed for 191 at the stroke of tea. Pragyan Ojha took five wickets and was well supported by spin partner Ravichandran Ashwin, who took three wickets. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today