Ahmedabad, Nov 17 : Captain Alistair Cook led the English fightback after they were made to follow on on day three of the first Test at the Sardar Patel Stadium at Motera here Saturday.
Cook (batting 74) and Nick Compton (batting 34) put on a 111-run stand for the first wicket as England ended the day 111 for none, still trailing the hosts by 219 runs.
England came out to bat for the second time in the day after being dismissed for 191 at the stroke of tea. Pragyan Ojha took five wickets and was well supported by spin partner Ravichandran Ashwin, who took three wickets. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai