Cricket South Africa condoles sudden death of Kevin Curran
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 10/11/2012 - 05:49
Cape Town, Oct 11 : Cricket South Africa (CSA) has condoled the sudden passing away of former Zimbabwean all-rounder Kevin Curran at the age of 53.
CSA acting CEO Jacques Faul said: "It is very sad news. He is well remembered for his brief playing stint in this country for KwaZulu-Natal and Boland where he always played the game to the best professional standards.
"His biggest contribution to cricket in Southern Africa has, however, come in the huge contribution he has made to returning the Zimbabwe first-class game back to strength," Sport24 quoted him, as saying.
"He had a period as senior coach with the Zimbabwean national side and was also heavily involved at Academy and franchise level where he was the coach of the Mashonaland Eagles at the time of his passing.
"On behalf of the CSA family I extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues at Zimbabwe Cricket." (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone