Cricket South Africa condoles sudden death of Kevin Curran
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 10/11/2012 - 05:49
Cape Town, Oct 11 : Cricket South Africa (CSA) has condoled the sudden passing away of former Zimbabwean all-rounder Kevin Curran at the age of 53.
CSA acting CEO Jacques Faul said: "It is very sad news. He is well remembered for his brief playing stint in this country for KwaZulu-Natal and Boland where he always played the game to the best professional standards.
"His biggest contribution to cricket in Southern Africa has, however, come in the huge contribution he has made to returning the Zimbabwe first-class game back to strength," Sport24 quoted him, as saying.
"He had a period as senior coach with the Zimbabwean national side and was also heavily involved at Academy and franchise level where he was the coach of the Mashonaland Eagles at the time of his passing.
"On behalf of the CSA family I extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues at Zimbabwe Cricket." (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today