Cricket South Africa condoles sudden death of Kevin Curran
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 10/11/2012 - 05:49
Cape Town, Oct 11 : Cricket South Africa (CSA) has condoled the sudden passing away of former Zimbabwean all-rounder Kevin Curran at the age of 53.
CSA acting CEO Jacques Faul said: "It is very sad news. He is well remembered for his brief playing stint in this country for KwaZulu-Natal and Boland where he always played the game to the best professional standards.
"His biggest contribution to cricket in Southern Africa has, however, come in the huge contribution he has made to returning the Zimbabwe first-class game back to strength," Sport24 quoted him, as saying.
"He had a period as senior coach with the Zimbabwean national side and was also heavily involved at Academy and franchise level where he was the coach of the Mashonaland Eagles at the time of his passing.
"On behalf of the CSA family I extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues at Zimbabwe Cricket." (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai