Cricket South Africa condoles sudden death of Kevin Curran
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 10/11/2012 - 05:49
Cape Town, Oct 11 : Cricket South Africa (CSA) has condoled the sudden passing away of former Zimbabwean all-rounder Kevin Curran at the age of 53.
CSA acting CEO Jacques Faul said: "It is very sad news. He is well remembered for his brief playing stint in this country for KwaZulu-Natal and Boland where he always played the game to the best professional standards.
"His biggest contribution to cricket in Southern Africa has, however, come in the huge contribution he has made to returning the Zimbabwe first-class game back to strength," Sport24 quoted him, as saying.
"He had a period as senior coach with the Zimbabwean national side and was also heavily involved at Academy and franchise level where he was the coach of the Mashonaland Eagles at the time of his passing.
"On behalf of the CSA family I extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues at Zimbabwe Cricket." (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan