Cricket South Africa condoles sudden death of Kevin Curran
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 10/11/2012 - 05:49
Cape Town, Oct 11 : Cricket South Africa (CSA) has condoled the sudden passing away of former Zimbabwean all-rounder Kevin Curran at the age of 53.
CSA acting CEO Jacques Faul said: "It is very sad news. He is well remembered for his brief playing stint in this country for KwaZulu-Natal and Boland where he always played the game to the best professional standards.
"His biggest contribution to cricket in Southern Africa has, however, come in the huge contribution he has made to returning the Zimbabwe first-class game back to strength," Sport24 quoted him, as saying.
"He had a period as senior coach with the Zimbabwean national side and was also heavily involved at Academy and franchise level where he was the coach of the Mashonaland Eagles at the time of his passing.
"On behalf of the CSA family I extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues at Zimbabwe Cricket." (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'