Cummins immediate playing future doubtful, injury strikes again
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 11/01/2012 - 07:42
Sydney, Nov 1 : Teenage pace sensation Patrick Cummins has admitted his immediate playing future was "up in the air" after he was sent to have scans on a possible back injury that again threatens to sideline him during Australia's Test summer.
Cummins, 19, had scans on Wednesday after reporting soreness upon his return from South Africa, where he played a key part in the Sydney Sixers'' Champions League Twenty20 triumph.
He was not chosen for the Australian squad of 12 for the first Test against the Proteas in Brisbane next week.
Cricket Australia selectors were thinking of including him for the third Test in Perth, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Cummins said: "The scans aren''t too conclusive at the moment,'''' Cummins said. ''''We''ll know more in the next couple of days . at this stage it is still up in the air . I''ll go and see the physio but I think we''ll know more by Friday.
"I had a pretty clear goal for the season this morning but right now it''s kind of changed and I''m not sure now, but I want to play some red-ball cricket. I haven''t done that for a while and I''m really keen for it. Right now [in terms of goals] I want to play as many games as possible and just enjoy playing."
Cummins was not able to play throughout Australia's campaigns against New Zealand and India at home last season after injuring his heel during his remarkable debut Test in Johannesburg.
Cummins has been plagued by injury in the past year and was flown home from Australia's one-day tour of England in June after sustaining a side strain in the first match at Lord's. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'