Cummins immediate playing future doubtful, injury strikes again
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 11/01/2012 - 07:42
Sydney, Nov 1 : Teenage pace sensation Patrick Cummins has admitted his immediate playing future was "up in the air" after he was sent to have scans on a possible back injury that again threatens to sideline him during Australia's Test summer.
Cummins, 19, had scans on Wednesday after reporting soreness upon his return from South Africa, where he played a key part in the Sydney Sixers'' Champions League Twenty20 triumph.
He was not chosen for the Australian squad of 12 for the first Test against the Proteas in Brisbane next week.
Cricket Australia selectors were thinking of including him for the third Test in Perth, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Cummins said: "The scans aren''t too conclusive at the moment,'''' Cummins said. ''''We''ll know more in the next couple of days . at this stage it is still up in the air . I''ll go and see the physio but I think we''ll know more by Friday.
"I had a pretty clear goal for the season this morning but right now it''s kind of changed and I''m not sure now, but I want to play some red-ball cricket. I haven''t done that for a while and I''m really keen for it. Right now [in terms of goals] I want to play as many games as possible and just enjoy playing."
Cummins was not able to play throughout Australia's campaigns against New Zealand and India at home last season after injuring his heel during his remarkable debut Test in Johannesburg.
Cummins has been plagued by injury in the past year and was flown home from Australia's one-day tour of England in June after sustaining a side strain in the first match at Lord's. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today