Prague, Nov 19 : The Czech Republic have won the Davis Cup for the first time as an independent nation, beating Spain 3-2, with veteran Radek Stepanek winning the decisive rubber against Nicolas Almagro over four sets.
The 33-year-old Czech overcame Almagro 6-4, 7-6 (7-0), 3-6, 6-3 in nearly four hours inside Prague's O2 Arena Sunday night.
Earlier, David Ferrer had kept Spain in the tie beating Tomas Berdych 6-2, 6-3, 7-5 in the first of the day's reverse singles to tie the rubber 2-2.(IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'