Prague, Nov 19 : The Czech Republic have won the Davis Cup for the first time as an independent nation, beating Spain 3-2, with veteran Radek Stepanek winning the decisive rubber against Nicolas Almagro over four sets.
The 33-year-old Czech overcame Almagro 6-4, 7-6 (7-0), 3-6, 6-3 in nearly four hours inside Prague's O2 Arena Sunday night.
Earlier, David Ferrer had kept Spain in the tie beating Tomas Berdych 6-2, 6-3, 7-5 in the first of the day's reverse singles to tie the rubber 2-2.(IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai