Prague, Nov 19 : The Czech Republic have won the Davis Cup for the first time as an independent nation, beating Spain 3-2, with veteran Radek Stepanek winning the decisive rubber against Nicolas Almagro over four sets.
The 33-year-old Czech overcame Almagro 6-4, 7-6 (7-0), 3-6, 6-3 in nearly four hours inside Prague's O2 Arena Sunday night.
Earlier, David Ferrer had kept Spain in the tie beating Tomas Berdych 6-2, 6-3, 7-5 in the first of the day's reverse singles to tie the rubber 2-2.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today