Prague, Nov 19 : The Czech Republic have won the Davis Cup for the first time as an independent nation, beating Spain 3-2, with veteran Radek Stepanek winning the decisive rubber against Nicolas Almagro over four sets.
The 33-year-old Czech overcame Almagro 6-4, 7-6 (7-0), 3-6, 6-3 in nearly four hours inside Prague's O2 Arena Sunday night.
Earlier, David Ferrer had kept Spain in the tie beating Tomas Berdych 6-2, 6-3, 7-5 in the first of the day's reverse singles to tie the rubber 2-2.(IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan