Prague, Nov 19 : The Czech Republic have won the Davis Cup for the first time as an independent nation, beating Spain 3-2, with veteran Radek Stepanek winning the decisive rubber against Nicolas Almagro over four sets.
The 33-year-old Czech overcame Almagro 6-4, 7-6 (7-0), 3-6, 6-3 in nearly four hours inside Prague's O2 Arena Sunday night.
Earlier, David Ferrer had kept Spain in the tie beating Tomas Berdych 6-2, 6-3, 7-5 in the first of the day's reverse singles to tie the rubber 2-2.(IANS)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'