Sydney, Dec. 9 : Former fast bowler Damien Fleming has been voted as the `best cricket commentator' by his peers in new survey by the Australian Cricketers'' Association.
The ABC and Fox Sports broadcaster polled just ahead of his former Victorian and Australian teammate Shane Warne, who makes guest appearances for Channel Nine and in England.
In contrast, former fast bowler Geoff Lawson failed to poll a vote in the survey, News. com. au reports.
According to the report, ABC funny man and analyst Kerry O''Keeffe also polled strongly, while the ageless Richie Benaud was clearly Channel Nine''s most popular commentator.
Benaud, Mark Nicholas and Michael Slater were their only commentators to rank in the top half of the survey while all the others were in single-figure percentages, the survey noted.
- Murray says no to swearing on court
- Majority of Oz players prefer ‘baggy green’ over ‘million dollar’ worth IPL contract
- Clarke would love ‘great pal’ Warne to play for Australia again
- Top Oz players fear T20 would overrun one-day format in future
- Oz bowling coach advises Hilfenhaus to pick between T20, Test cricket