Sydney, Dec. 9 : Former fast bowler Damien Fleming has been voted as the `best cricket commentator' by his peers in new survey by the Australian Cricketers'' Association.
The ABC and Fox Sports broadcaster polled just ahead of his former Victorian and Australian teammate Shane Warne, who makes guest appearances for Channel Nine and in England.
In contrast, former fast bowler Geoff Lawson failed to poll a vote in the survey, News. com. au reports.
According to the report, ABC funny man and analyst Kerry O''Keeffe also polled strongly, while the ageless Richie Benaud was clearly Channel Nine''s most popular commentator.
Benaud, Mark Nicholas and Michael Slater were their only commentators to rank in the top half of the survey while all the others were in single-figure percentages, the survey noted.
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'