Moscow, Nov 28 - Tottenham Hotspur footballer David Bentley is back in training with his loan team FC Rostov, the Russian club confirmed.
Bentley joined Rostov in September in an effort to get playing time after being left out of Andre Villas-Boas' first-team plans at White Hart Lane.
He has since played seven games for Rostov but has been hampered by minor injuries. Now the team has only two games left before his loan deal expires in January.
His former Tottenham teammate, goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa, is also close to a return after being taken off 33 minutes into Friday's 2-0 win over minnows Mordovia Saransk.
Despite Bentley's return, Rostov suffered a blow with the news they will be without three key players for the team's final two Russian Premier League matches of the year.
Midfielders Timofei Kalachev and Razvan Cocis and defender Vladimir Kisenkov, all regular starters, are out with various injuries.
Rostov travel to Krylya Sovetov Sunday and host FC Krasnodar Dec 7, their last games before the league starts a three-month break to escape the harsh Russian winter. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today