Islamabad, Nov. 10 : Australian batsman Dean Jones has said that while the ongoing Australia vs. South Africa Test series will be a `ripper', there are still wide concerns about the batting order in the Aussie team.
During an interview with Pakpassion. net, Jones said that Ricky Ponting's hamstring soreness was a major concern, considering the Proteas possess a star-studded pace attack.
"It'll be a ripper of a series. Our bowling is coming along leaps and bounds - the batting still has concerns. Watson's gone, he's out and there are a couple of queries on other players as well," Jones told Pakpassion.
"Ricky Ponting has got hamstring soreness and that's a concern against their quicks because their quicks are pretty good," he added.
Jones also said that Australia would need to watch out for the top 6 in South Africa's batting order, and will have to bowl as well as field really well in order win the series.
"Let me tell you the South African top six is probably the best ever batting line-up to have graced our shores, toured our shores. I think they've made over 35,000 test runs with 107 test centuries their top six so we need to bowl well and field well to be able to knock them over," he said.
"I'm hoping it might be one-all, with the chance of winning in Adelaide but I've got a feeling they could hurt us badly if we don't get our bowling plans right," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today