Bangalore, Jan 29 : Star batsman Rahul Dravid Friday had minor corrective surgery on his left cheek bone, injured during the second cricket test against Bangladesh in Mirpur.
"It was a minor surgery to fix the left cheek bone where he had suffered a fracture. The surgery took between 45 minutes to an hour," S. Ballal, medical director of Manipal Hospital here where the surgery was conducted, told IANS.
"Dravid is doing fine after the surgery and hopefully will be discharged late Friday," he added.
Dravid can resume normal activities in two days but has been advised to stay away from cricket or any contact sports for three weeks, he said.(IANS)
- New Zealand diplomats fear terror attack ahead of Commonwealth Games
- Oz cricket officials pushing for use of umpire referrals in India series
- Supreme Court notice to cricket board on IPL franchise
- OC officials visit stadiums to check facilities
- Kolkata Knight Riders sign 6’10 giant Pak fast bowler on Akram’s recommendation
- Flappy Bird sequel to roll out this week
- Taylor Swift debuts new 'Shake It Off' during worldwide live stream
- YouTube's music subscription service will be called 'YouTube Music key': Report
- Gigantic icebergs were real reason why Titanic sank
- Antarctica's 'most complete satellite image' finally available for public viewing