London, Aug. 4 : England fast bowler Graham Onions is still hopeful of playing a part in the Ashes series this winter.
Onions has not played since leaving the winter tour of Bangladesh with a back problem and more recently he has had to contend with a knee cartilage injury which required surgery.
The Sun quoted him as saying: "If I had no motivation and was just thinking ''how do I get myself ready for next season?'' then maybe I wouldn''t be training as hard as I am now.”
"Being a professional cricketer, you want to play against the best. I want to play against Australia and get the England shirt on, but first I''ve obviously got to get the Durham shirt back on,” he added.
He further said: "I just desperately want to play, that''s definitely at the back of my mind when I''m on the treadmill."
The 27-year-old has taken 28 wickets at an average fractionally over 31 in his eight Tests to date, which included 10 Australian scalps in three Tests last summer. (ANI)
- Alonso urges Ferrari to take on Red Bull challenge
- Ex-racer Watson slams Schumacher for ‘ugly animal instinct’ act against Barrichello
- ‘ProBatter’, the bowling robot that replicates deliveries of any bowler in the world
- Pakistan completely out bowled Australia in Headingley Test: Lawson
- Cole’s swipe at Chelsea, says he joined the biggest club in England