Ex-coach Mohsin Khan says ‘senseless’ team selection cost Pak place in T20 finals
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Sat, 10/06/2012 - 12:46
Islamabad, Oct 6 : Former Pakistan coach Mohsin Khan has slammed Pakistan's team selection throughout the Twenty20 World Cup, and believes if it wasn't for the senseless selections they could have reached finals.
Mohsin also expressed his bewilderment at the inability for the Pakistan team to make it to the final despite having one of the most talented squads to ever represent Pakistan in such as tournament.
"First thing and it has been a problem in the whole tournament, it's the playing eleven. The selection of the playing eleven was not correct and in almost every match we didn't see the game plan being implemented on the field, if there was any game plan at all!" Mohsin said during an exclusive interview with Pakpassion. net
"We had the best pace and spin attack combination but we simply did not have the plan to go with it. You can have the most talented team in the world - 11 super stars if you like - but without proper planning you will achieve nothing," he added.
"Your opening slot wasn't finalized. The most confident opening batsman of your team, Nasir Jamshed, was at number three. Instead you try out a slogger (at opening) just to gamble on him - Imran Nazir, he's a slogger," he said.
Mohsin added: "He wasn't being successful but you kept on carrying on with him. Then you have Kamran Akmal, who should have opened the innings, which actually suits him that position. His performances in the past have come as an opener and you misused him."
"I didn't understand any logic behind the team selection and the game plan. Logic was completely incomprehensible - illogical team selections cost Pakistan a place in the final," he concluded. (ANI)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish