London, Nov. 18 : Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo has been hailed as the best player in the world by former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who branded him `unbuyable'.
Ferguson insists the 80 million pound Real Madrid man has no weaknesses.
"He always wanted to play for Real. It was his boyhood dream. He's got that. I'm not saying he'll stay there for ever. There's every chance he might leave, you never know," the Daily Express quoted Ferguson, as saying.
"He is an unbelievable player, one of the best, there is no doubt about that. I know we have had a great pantheon of fantastic players. There is no question that Ronaldo compares with them. We never had any problems with him," he added.
Fergise said that while Lionel Messi has captured the Ballon d'Or, the world player of the year award for the past three years, if Real Amdrid would have won the Champions League in recent years, then Ronaldo would have been the world player of the year.
"Barcelona have had more success than Real Madrid. They have won the Champions League and that matters for this award. If Real Madrid had won the Champions League in recent years, then Cristiano Ronaldo would have been the world player of the year, there is absolutely no doubt," he said.
"I always felt he would go up yet another level when he left here. He was 24. Now his goalscoring record is quite amazing," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today