London, Nov. 18 : Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo has been hailed as the best player in the world by former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who branded him `unbuyable'.
Ferguson insists the 80 million pound Real Madrid man has no weaknesses.
"He always wanted to play for Real. It was his boyhood dream. He's got that. I'm not saying he'll stay there for ever. There's every chance he might leave, you never know," the Daily Express quoted Ferguson, as saying.
"He is an unbelievable player, one of the best, there is no doubt about that. I know we have had a great pantheon of fantastic players. There is no question that Ronaldo compares with them. We never had any problems with him," he added.
Fergise said that while Lionel Messi has captured the Ballon d'Or, the world player of the year award for the past three years, if Real Amdrid would have won the Champions League in recent years, then Ronaldo would have been the world player of the year.
"Barcelona have had more success than Real Madrid. They have won the Champions League and that matters for this award. If Real Madrid had won the Champions League in recent years, then Cristiano Ronaldo would have been the world player of the year, there is absolutely no doubt," he said.
"I always felt he would go up yet another level when he left here. He was 24. Now his goalscoring record is quite amazing," he added. (ANI)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'