London, Nov. 18 : Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson is planning to blow away his rivals with a bid for Crystal Palace sensation Wilfried Zaha, according to a report.
Fergie has entered the race for the exciting young forward, after a strong recommendation from his son Darren, and plans to win the race to land the new England cap, the Daily Mirror reports.
According to the report, United will offer "what it takes" to see off Tottenham and Arsenal in the January window which includes handing the 20-year-old better terms to come to Old Trafford.
"Sir Alex now thinks Zaha has the skill and bottle to play for United - and he wants him badly," a United source said.
Apparently, Fergie's spies have kept an eye on Zaha since he dazzled against them in Palace's shock League Cup triumph last season, the report said.
But their interest only became serious last week after Zaha tore apart Fergie junior's Championship team Peterborough, with Fergie's son Darren hailing the young Eagle as a special talent and passed his view on to his dad, the report added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today