London, Nov. 18 : Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson is planning to blow away his rivals with a bid for Crystal Palace sensation Wilfried Zaha, according to a report.
Fergie has entered the race for the exciting young forward, after a strong recommendation from his son Darren, and plans to win the race to land the new England cap, the Daily Mirror reports.
According to the report, United will offer "what it takes" to see off Tottenham and Arsenal in the January window which includes handing the 20-year-old better terms to come to Old Trafford.
"Sir Alex now thinks Zaha has the skill and bottle to play for United - and he wants him badly," a United source said.
Apparently, Fergie's spies have kept an eye on Zaha since he dazzled against them in Palace's shock League Cup triumph last season, the report said.
But their interest only became serious last week after Zaha tore apart Fergie junior's Championship team Peterborough, with Fergie's son Darren hailing the young Eagle as a special talent and passed his view on to his dad, the report added. (ANI)
- Ferguson tells Man U to stop gifting early goals to opposition
- Hamilton contemplating permanent move to US
- ‘Fed up’ Mancini says Balotelli was dumped due to poor attitude in training
- Ronaldo reveals still misses ''father figure'' Ferguson as boss
- Becks `furious` with British Airway’s pestering cabin crew
- Responding to baby's babbles could get them talking sooner
- Jessica Alba's eco-friendly baby business' value rises to $1 b
- How sailing rocks of Death Valley 'move on their own' revealed
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant
- HTC unveils world's first 64-bit Android phone 'Desire 510'