London, Nov. 18 : Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson is planning to blow away his rivals with a bid for Crystal Palace sensation Wilfried Zaha, according to a report.
Fergie has entered the race for the exciting young forward, after a strong recommendation from his son Darren, and plans to win the race to land the new England cap, the Daily Mirror reports.
According to the report, United will offer "what it takes" to see off Tottenham and Arsenal in the January window which includes handing the 20-year-old better terms to come to Old Trafford.
"Sir Alex now thinks Zaha has the skill and bottle to play for United - and he wants him badly," a United source said.
Apparently, Fergie's spies have kept an eye on Zaha since he dazzled against them in Palace's shock League Cup triumph last season, the report said.
But their interest only became serious last week after Zaha tore apart Fergie junior's Championship team Peterborough, with Fergie's son Darren hailing the young Eagle as a special talent and passed his view on to his dad, the report added. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone