London, Nov. 18 : Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson is planning to blow away his rivals with a bid for Crystal Palace sensation Wilfried Zaha, according to a report.
Fergie has entered the race for the exciting young forward, after a strong recommendation from his son Darren, and plans to win the race to land the new England cap, the Daily Mirror reports.
According to the report, United will offer "what it takes" to see off Tottenham and Arsenal in the January window which includes handing the 20-year-old better terms to come to Old Trafford.
"Sir Alex now thinks Zaha has the skill and bottle to play for United - and he wants him badly," a United source said.
Apparently, Fergie's spies have kept an eye on Zaha since he dazzled against them in Palace's shock League Cup triumph last season, the report said.
But their interest only became serious last week after Zaha tore apart Fergie junior's Championship team Peterborough, with Fergie's son Darren hailing the young Eagle as a special talent and passed his view on to his dad, the report added. (ANI)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish