Darmstadt, Germany - German long jumper Kofi Amoah Prah, who was fifth at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, has been banned for two years after a positive test for cocaine.
The German Athletic Federation said Friday that Prah, who competed for LG Nike Berlin, tested positive for cocaine and Methylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, at the German championships on July 5.
The 33-year-old Ghana-born athlete, a silver medallist at the 1992 European indoor championships, announced his retirement on August 31 after receiving confirmation of the positive test. (dpa)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai