Darmstadt, Germany - German long jumper Kofi Amoah Prah, who was fifth at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, has been banned for two years after a positive test for cocaine.
The German Athletic Federation said Friday that Prah, who competed for LG Nike Berlin, tested positive for cocaine and Methylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, at the German championships on July 5.
The 33-year-old Ghana-born athlete, a silver medallist at the 1992 European indoor championships, announced his retirement on August 31 after receiving confirmation of the positive test. (dpa)
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'
- Excited Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis can't wait for baby daughter's birth
- Kim K 'desperate' to land role in Downton Abbey
- Deepika demands respect for women by media
- Is Selena Gomez 'moving in' with Justin Bieber?
- Iggy Azalea's ex-beau opens up about relationship with blonde rapper
- Ben Affleck 'counted cards' in LA casinos