Darmstadt, Germany - German long jumper Kofi Amoah Prah, who was fifth at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, has been banned for two years after a positive test for cocaine.
The German Athletic Federation said Friday that Prah, who competed for LG Nike Berlin, tested positive for cocaine and Methylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, at the German championships on July 5.
The 33-year-old Ghana-born athlete, a silver medallist at the 1992 European indoor championships, announced his retirement on August 31 after receiving confirmation of the positive test. (dpa)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'