Darmstadt, Germany - German long jumper Kofi Amoah Prah, who was fifth at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, has been banned for two years after a positive test for cocaine.
The German Athletic Federation said Friday that Prah, who competed for LG Nike Berlin, tested positive for cocaine and Methylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, at the German championships on July 5.
The 33-year-old Ghana-born athlete, a silver medallist at the 1992 European indoor championships, announced his retirement on August 31 after receiving confirmation of the positive test. (dpa)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan