Darmstadt, Germany - German long jumper Kofi Amoah Prah, who was fifth at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, has been banned for two years after a positive test for cocaine.
The German Athletic Federation said Friday that Prah, who competed for LG Nike Berlin, tested positive for cocaine and Methylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, at the German championships on July 5.
The 33-year-old Ghana-born athlete, a silver medallist at the 1992 European indoor championships, announced his retirement on August 31 after receiving confirmation of the positive test. (dpa)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today