Madrid, Nov 11 - Neither FC Barcelona nor Real Madrid were in action this Saturday night in Spanish Primera Liga football but still there was plenty of action despite the attention being focused largely on the lower half of the table.
Rayo Vallecano came back from 0-2 down to claim a fine win 3-2 at home to Celta Vigo. Iago Aspas had scored twice to put the visitors ahead before Celta were reduced to 10 men with a harsh sending off for central defender Gustavo Cabral for a second yellow card, reports Xinhua.
Leo Bautistao got Rayo back into things before the hour with a headed goal and full back Tito levelled the score with another close range header shortly afterward.
Piti sealed the win with a penalty eight minutes from time after a foul on Rayo substitute Andrija Delibasic.
Bottom of the table Osasuna stunned Espanyol with a 3-0 win in Espanyol's Cornella-El Prat Stadium.
Alvaro Cejudo, Kike Sola and Manuel Omwu all scored to give Osasuna their first away win after five straight defeats on the road.
Zaragoza's impressive season continued at the expense of Deportivo la Coruna, who have had a dreadful week after having all of their income embargoed.
Deportivo took a 2-0 lead in Zaragoza's La Rosaleda Stadium thanks to Bruna Gama and Riki, but an Apono penalty got the home side back into things. Pedro Montanses equalized after an hour and Alvaro Gonzalez put the home side ahead.
Two further goals from Helder Postiga put the home side 5-2 ahead before Rodolfo Bodipo's late strike made the final score 5-3. Deportivo's cause was not helped by Pizzi's sending off for two yellow cards after 47 minutes.
Finally Malaga crashed to their second home defeat in a week as Real Sociedad took their first home win of the season in the Rosaleda Stadium.
Carlos Vela opened scored in the first minute and although Javier Saviola levelled before the break, Xabi Prieto's goal in the second half made it 2-1 to the Basque side as Malaga's fixture schedule begins to catch up with them. (IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone