Gooch says England more than happy to play on spin-friendly pitch in Nagpur Test
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Tue, 12/11/2012 - 08:25
London, Dec 11 : England batting coach Graham Gooch is confident of winning in the final Test match against India in Nagpur irrespective of the spin-friendly pitch, saying Test wins in Mumbai and Kolkata has given batsmen enough confidence to face Indian spin barrage.
The Nagpur wicket is expected to be much like the one set up for the second game in Mumbai that Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann were able to exploit.
"I can't see it not being a pitch prepared for a result so we've got to be ready for that and go for it. We are not looking at drawing this match - that would be a bad attitude to take," the Daily Star quoted Gooch, as saying.
"You go there, you take the opposition on and you want to outplay them. It will be a tough pitch for the batsmen but after our last two performances we can go there with confidence," he added.
"We are in the ascendancy but don't think for one minute that the guys think the job is done. We are 2-1 up with one to play and we have to bring our A-game to Nagpur," he said.
Gooch is also convinced Cook can lead England to victory in India for the first time since 1984-85.
England is leading the four Test-match series 2-1. (ANI)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish