Hamilton reaffirms having no regrets over leaving McLaren
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Fri, 11/16/2012 - 11:17
London, Nov. 16 : Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has hit back at McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh by insisting that he has no regrets about quitting the team.
It comes after Whitmarsh said that the 27-year-old was having second thoughts over his 60 million pound switch to Mercedes at the end of this year.
When asked if he thought Hamilton was having concerns, Whitmarsh had said, "I think he has on occasions, yes," adding that he hoped the 2008 world champion realised his "awful mistake" in switching sides, The Sun reports.
However, Hamilton has now rubbished the 54-year-old''s comments and said he was shocked to hear the remarks, especially as they still have two races remaining this season.
"I was a little surprised to hear [those comments]. It is clearly not the case. I have a great team and have been with them for such a long time and I am sure people have emotions within the team," he said.
"But I am still here giving it 100 per cent for the last two races. It is very emotional for me too, but I am very happy with the decision I have made," he added. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai