Hamilton reaffirms having no regrets over leaving McLaren
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Fri, 11/16/2012 - 11:17
London, Nov. 16 : Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has hit back at McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh by insisting that he has no regrets about quitting the team.
It comes after Whitmarsh said that the 27-year-old was having second thoughts over his 60 million pound switch to Mercedes at the end of this year.
When asked if he thought Hamilton was having concerns, Whitmarsh had said, "I think he has on occasions, yes," adding that he hoped the 2008 world champion realised his "awful mistake" in switching sides, The Sun reports.
However, Hamilton has now rubbished the 54-year-old''s comments and said he was shocked to hear the remarks, especially as they still have two races remaining this season.
"I was a little surprised to hear [those comments]. It is clearly not the case. I have a great team and have been with them for such a long time and I am sure people have emotions within the team," he said.
"But I am still here giving it 100 per cent for the last two races. It is very emotional for me too, but I am very happy with the decision I have made," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today