Sydney, Nov 26 : Australia captain Michael Clarke's stunning batting form of late has been credited to his stable married life with model Kyly Boldy.
Clarke's batting average since marrying Boldy in May is an equally stunning 263.5, which is a big improvement on the old soap opera days of the Lara Bingle relationship when he more often appeared in Sydney Confidential than these sporting pages.
Boldy bolted in with an average of 75.2 (since their relationship became public at Clarke''s 30th birthday in April 2011) compared with Bingle''s 54.4.
"With Lara, it was all about her. With Kyly it''s all about him," News. com. au quoted a source, as saying.
Before that, the Clarke-Bingle relationship was the most talked about in Australian sport.
It first became public when the model spent New Year''s Eve on Sydney Harbour with the Australian team and their families in 2007.
Later came the 200,000-dollar ring, an Aston Martin and a proposal in New York''s Central Park.
It ended in tears when he left the Australian tour of New Zealand in 2010 when Bingle was involved in a nude photo scandal in a picture taken by AFL star Brendan Fevola.
After announcing the relationship was over, Clarke returned to Wellington and smashed 168 against the Kiwis, and it was the first sign that life after Lara would mean a vast improvement in his batting average. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'