New Delhi, May 13: BCCI-appointed Commissioner Sudhir Nanavati, who finished his investigations in the slapping row involving S Sreesanth and Harbhajan Singh, will submit his report today. Nanavati had summoned Harbhajan Singh and S Sreesanth on Friday to Ahmedabad and conducted the hearing in presence of BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah.
After the hearing was over, he had said that he was satisfied with the answers given by both players. Mumbai Indian's stand-in skipper Harbhajan had slapped Kings XI Punjab's pacer Sreesanth after the April 25 Indian Premier League match in Mohali, which saw the off-spinner being banned from the remainder of the IPL, apart from losing nearly Rs. 30 million as match fees.
BCCI had also issued a show cause notice to Harbhajan before appointing Nanavati to probe the incident. (ANI)
- New Zealand diplomats fear terror attack ahead of Commonwealth Games
- Oz cricket officials pushing for use of umpire referrals in India series
- Supreme Court notice to cricket board on IPL franchise
- OC officials visit stadiums to check facilities
- Kolkata Knight Riders sign 6’10 giant Pak fast bowler on Akram’s recommendation