Melbourne, Dec 18 : Hobart Hurricanes of Australia's domestic Twenty20 cricket tournament, the Big Bash League (BBL), have been penalised for maintaining a slow over rate in their match against the Melbourne Stars Saturday night.
After time allowances were taken into consideration Tuesday, the Hurricanes were assessed to be one over behind the required rate at the end of the match.
Under the BBL playing conditions each member of the playing 11 is fined $250 and captain George Bailey also incurs one strike, said a release.
Another slow-over rate penalty incurred by the Hurricanes this season will result in Bailey being automatically suspended for one match.(IANS)
- Responding to baby's babbles could get them talking sooner
- Jessica Alba's eco-friendly baby business' value rises to $1 b
- How sailing rocks of Death Valley 'move on their own' revealed
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant
- HTC unveils world's first 64-bit Android phone 'Desire 510'