Melbourne, Dec 18 : Hobart Hurricanes of Australia's domestic Twenty20 cricket tournament, the Big Bash League (BBL), have been penalised for maintaining a slow over rate in their match against the Melbourne Stars Saturday night.
After time allowances were taken into consideration Tuesday, the Hurricanes were assessed to be one over behind the required rate at the end of the match.
Under the BBL playing conditions each member of the playing 11 is fined $250 and captain George Bailey also incurs one strike, said a release.
Another slow-over rate penalty incurred by the Hurricanes this season will result in Bailey being automatically suspended for one match.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today