Melbourne, Dec 18 : Hobart Hurricanes of Australia's domestic Twenty20 cricket tournament, the Big Bash League (BBL), have been penalised for maintaining a slow over rate in their match against the Melbourne Stars Saturday night.
After time allowances were taken into consideration Tuesday, the Hurricanes were assessed to be one over behind the required rate at the end of the match.
Under the BBL playing conditions each member of the playing 11 is fined $250 and captain George Bailey also incurs one strike, said a release.
Another slow-over rate penalty incurred by the Hurricanes this season will result in Bailey being automatically suspended for one match.(IANS)
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!
- Jake McDorman dating 'Manhattan Love Story' co-star?
- KimK assaulted at Paris Fashion Week event
- Lindsay Lohan fumbles her line during West End debut
- Lindsay Lohan wants 'Mean Girls' sequel