Melbourne, Dec 18 : Hobart Hurricanes of Australia's domestic Twenty20 cricket tournament, the Big Bash League (BBL), have been penalised for maintaining a slow over rate in their match against the Melbourne Stars Saturday night.
After time allowances were taken into consideration Tuesday, the Hurricanes were assessed to be one over behind the required rate at the end of the match.
Under the BBL playing conditions each member of the playing 11 is fined $250 and captain George Bailey also incurs one strike, said a release.
Another slow-over rate penalty incurred by the Hurricanes this season will result in Bailey being automatically suspended for one match.(IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone