Melbourne, Dec 18 : Hobart Hurricanes of Australia's domestic Twenty20 cricket tournament, the Big Bash League (BBL), have been penalised for maintaining a slow over rate in their match against the Melbourne Stars Saturday night.
After time allowances were taken into consideration Tuesday, the Hurricanes were assessed to be one over behind the required rate at the end of the match.
Under the BBL playing conditions each member of the playing 11 is fined $250 and captain George Bailey also incurs one strike, said a release.
Another slow-over rate penalty incurred by the Hurricanes this season will result in Bailey being automatically suspended for one match.(IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'