Rio de Janeiro, Oct 3 : Sweden international striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he wants to see Brazilian star Neymar playing in Europe.
Ibrahimovic, who moved to Paris Saint-Germain from AC Milan in the summer, says it is time the 20-year-old showed his talent in the world's strongest leagues, reports Xinhua.
"Neymar is a fantastic talent," Ibrahimovic said on the eve of Paris Saint-Germain's Champions League group match against Porto at the Estadio do Dragao Wednesday.
"He is quick and technically very strong. He has scored a lot of goals and seems to have fun while playing. But we want to see him playing in Europe and admire him here because Brazil is too far away."
Ibrahimovic, 31, is the latest in a long list of high-profile names to call on Neymar to make the move.
Earlier, this week Santos coach Muricy Ramalho claimed Neymar had no choice but to leave his homeland due to his "persecution" by Brazilian referees.
Former Brazil stars Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Dunga have also said Neymar must go to Europe to further develop his game. (IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone