Rio de Janeiro, Oct 3 : Sweden international striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he wants to see Brazilian star Neymar playing in Europe.
Ibrahimovic, who moved to Paris Saint-Germain from AC Milan in the summer, says it is time the 20-year-old showed his talent in the world's strongest leagues, reports Xinhua.
"Neymar is a fantastic talent," Ibrahimovic said on the eve of Paris Saint-Germain's Champions League group match against Porto at the Estadio do Dragao Wednesday.
"He is quick and technically very strong. He has scored a lot of goals and seems to have fun while playing. But we want to see him playing in Europe and admire him here because Brazil is too far away."
Ibrahimovic, 31, is the latest in a long list of high-profile names to call on Neymar to make the move.
Earlier, this week Santos coach Muricy Ramalho claimed Neymar had no choice but to leave his homeland due to his "persecution" by Brazilian referees.
Former Brazil stars Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Dunga have also said Neymar must go to Europe to further develop his game. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today